Week 14 of Pregnancy... Quite an Update!
We had our 14 week check up on Friday. The babies heart rate has gone down to 148... I'm wondering if we're having a boy! Who knows anymore? Definitely not me! :)
We got some sonogram photos from our last appointment but they sincerely sucked. They showed no definition. You'd think for Cedar Sanai Hospital, they would have really updated systems and would print them the way they look on the screen, apparently not. :o\ Our appointment went well though. The baby is in the normal range so down syndrome is out. Thank Goodness. :)
My weight gain is going well, or should I say loss. I'm still negative from when I initially started this pregnancy at. I'll take it as long as I can. With Lauren I only gained 20lbs. I'm looking at trying to only gain about 15 from this baby, so far I'm still -4 then initial weight. Go me! :)
Week 14 says the baby recognizes voices. With that being said, I will be singing louder in the car and shower so the baby will KNOW when it's Mama is singing. Lauren talks to my belly sometimes and Dustin does it often so hopefully he/she will pick up the three most important voices it'll ever hear in it's life. :)
We are changing Doctor's and Hospital's. Right now we see Dr. Ballas, Dr. Udo, Dr. Constantini, and Dr. Bayah. Dr. Bayah was a jerk and I told them I refused to see him again. Dr. Ballas and Dr. Udo were amazing, I hadn't gotten the opportunity to meet Dr. Constantini yet but the office staff did it in for themselves on my appointment Friday. I got there 10 minutes early, like a good patient... and waited for an HOUR before taken back. When I asked them what the hold up was (politely) the lady at the counter snapped at me. I was pretty furious, especially considering I had plans in Columbia I was already late for... needless to say, I had my appointment and while sitting in the waiting room I emailed Dustin and had him pull names for me of other Doctor's in the area. My friend Amanda had referred me to a Dr. in Hanover, PA (much closer to our new place), and everything was confirmed about how wonderful they were when we were at our home inspection over the weekend and met one of our Realtor's coworkers. She works at the hospital part time and was telling me about each of them and how they are ALWAYS so amazing with their patient's and how the office staff is incredible. I called this morning to schedule... no holding, no voicemail, no press this button... a REAL HUMAN answered the phone. They do the sonograms, the bloodwork, and everything right there in their office, so I'm really excited about that! :) Next appointment is October 9th @ 2pm. I'll be 17 weeks, 4 days then.... two weeks later we'll have our gender sonogram! Don't forget to vote on the sex on the right of our page!! :)
We move two weeks from today to our awesome new house in Pennsylvania. We went for our home inspection this past weekend and it went really well. We looked at the bedrooms again, we've decided to give Lauren the slightly smaller room, only because of the way the walls are. She is getting a new canopy bed, and there wasn't a straight wall that wouldn't obstruct the window view in the other room. The closet is a little smaller but she'll use her new dresser for most of her clothes (with the exception of dresses) anyway. :)
I'm really looking forward to her birthday and Christmas this year. I hope she loves everything Dustin and I have chosen to get her! :) She's going to get a white vanity, fake make up, a dress up box that will be white with her name stenciled on with some pretty flowers, with a ton of dress up clothes and shoes in there, a baby set for her baby dolls and a Disney Princess's Power Wheels. I hope she freaks out and loves it! :)
I'm still pretty struck on what to get Dustin for Christmas. He is so amazing and deserves so much, and I just don't even know where to begin. I want to get him something he'll love and hang on to... :) Socks and Underwear are a given, they go to every Dad on Christmas... can you say, hello stocking stuffers?!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home