Our 1st Doctor's Appointment
We had our first Doctor's appointment on Friday, July 17th. The new Dr. was amazing! He was so friendly and nice. Dustin loved him too, which was majorly awesome. There are six Dr.'s in the practice so we'll start rotating through all of them. Hopefully they will all be as wonderful as Dr. B!
The first appointment wasn't all that fun. We met with Dr. B before the exam, they confirmed my pregnancy, did a pelvic exam and Congratulated us! Our next appointment is on August 13th, and we should get to hear the heart beat!
After the Dr.'s we went for our 1st Trimester Sonogram. Fail. We were so anxious to see our peanut and wouldn't you know, he/she is already stubborn? Apparently we were right on the cusp of he/she being able to be seen and not just in the gestational sac. We'll the little stinker hasn't grown it's "buds" as they call them (arms and legs). By our next sono (11 wks) we should be able to see the entire baby... head, ears, eyes, arms, legs, heart, heart beat, etc... Not too much longer!
After the sono we went to Labcorp to get blood taken... six viles of it. It was no fun but I had a good blood taker... she didn't leave a bruise and it didn't hurt. (yay!)
The journey has officially began....
I stayed home yesterday. I felt like crap. Dustin says he thinks that yesterday was the day the baby grew it's "buds", because I was really drained. I slept on the sofa all day long, skipped The Bachelorette (what?!) and went to bed super early. I don't feel much better today, and everything I eat upsets my belly. (Barf!)
It'll get better soon, it's got to... right?! :)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home